Dear Child,




Dear Child,


I saw you cry last night. Tears of pain, tears of grief, tears of sorrow for the ones you love. I know you didn’t see me, or even know I stood beside you, catching every single tear as it slid down your cheek and fell onto your pillow. I placed each tear in a bottle and recorded it in my Tearbook, because your sorrow matters that much to me.[1]
I saw you cry as you woke to a new day. A day I created for your enjoyment and pleasure. Though this day may dole out its share of joy and sorrow, I will remain close beside you, ready to guide and comfort.[2]
I see your struggles and the anguish of your soul. Though you stumble, I hold your hand in mine so you won’t fall. Find your strength and hope in me, for I am your helper and Savior. Stop striving and be still, place your trust in me. I am still on the throne and still in control of the storm.[3]
Give me that burden you bear. Do not struggle needlessly nor writhe beneath that heavy load. Surrender all your worries and cares to me. And when you feel like you can’t take another step, I will lift you up and carry you in my arms.[4]
Because you are my precious child and I love you.



[1] Psalm 56:8
[2] Psalm 23:4, Psalm 118:24
[3] Psalm 31:7, Psalm 34:18, Psalm 37:24, Psalm 39:7, Psalm 40:17, Psalm 46:1
[4] Psalm 55:22, 1 Peter 5:7, Psalm 62:8, Psalm 46:10, Psalm 145:14, Psalm 68:19

Comments

Popular Posts