Printables for Back To School




          It’s almost that time of year; back to school. Returning to school can be stressful for any child. But for those with learning disabilities, it can be downright scary. Issues with comprehension, social interaction, and distraction give rise to bouts of anxiety that can be detrimental to their self-image and their success at school.
          When my sons were in grade school, they struggled with lack of confidence and fear. So we began to memorize Scripture. When they said, “I can’t,” we learned Philippians 4:13. When they succumbed to fear, we memorized Isaiah 41:10. When behavior was the issue, we worked on Luke 6:31. As we learned each verse, we added them to a binder ring so they could carry them in their backpack or pocket for quick access and reference throughout their school day.
          Here are a few verses to print and memorize before the school year begins. I pray they will be an encouragement to you and your children. For printables, click on this link.


  • I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength. Philippians 4:13
  • Do not be afraid for I am with you. Isaiah 41:10
  • Do everything with love. 1 Corinthians 16:14
  • You will keep in perfect peace all who trust in you. Isaiah 26:3
  • Do not worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Philippians 4:6
  • Do to others as you would have them do to you. Luke 6:31
  • Get all the advice and instruction you can, so you will be wise the rest of your life. Proverbs 19:20
  • Love is patient, love is kind. 1 Corinthians 13:4
  • Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance. 1 Corinthians 13:7
  • Work willingly at whatever you do, as though you were working for the LORD rather than for people. Colossians 3:23
  • Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or discouraged for the LORD your God is with you wherever you go. Joshua 1:9
  • Commit everything you do to the LORD. Trust him and he will help you. Psalm 37:5
  • Do not lose your temper -- it only leads to harm. Psalm 37:8
  • When I am afraid, I will put my trust in you. Psalm 56:3
  • I cling to you; your strong right hand holds me securely. Psalm 63:8
  • The LORD keeps watch over you as you come and go, both now and forever. Psalm 121:8
  • You know when I sit down or stand up. You know my thoughts even when I'm far away... You know everything I do. Psalm 139:2-3
  • Love is not jealous or boastful or proud or rude. It does not demand its own way. 1 Corinthians 13:4
         

Comments

Popular Posts