SINGING IN THE STORM

Well, when it rains, it pours!
I was driving the kids to school this morning when the radiator overheated and smoke came pouring out from the hood of my car. I made it to the gas station where a Fritos delivery man helped me open the hood and great, big billows of smoke came pouring out. 
I called Len, walked the kids to school (only 3 blocks away), then waited till Len got there. He put some fluids into the radiator to get us to the mechanic a few blocks away. Turns out it’s not a simple radiator hose that broke, but the entire radiator intake manifold.
My first thought was “Oh, great!” But I remembered how God provided so miraculously for us last week (for those who didn't hear, our washer broke (Len fixed that), our fridge broke and our stove broke. The very next day we received a stove from someone who had one "lying around" and we have a fridge heading our way from a relative who doesn't need it anymore). I know the God who provided in the past will provide for the future. God is good.
When Len drove it up to the service station bay, the mechanic was surprised the car was even running. So I’m grateful I made it safely into town, made it to a gas station, Len was home and able to come to my rescue, the Fritos delivery man was there to help me, we were close enough to school that the boys were able to walk (Christopher suggested when Len picked me up, that he pick us all up and just take us all back home 😊. Poor kid, he really hates school)!
I'm just thankful it didn't happen last Saturday when I was on my way to/from Springfield (about 60 miles from home). I'd noticed the needle was halfway between cold and hot, but I ran a lot of errands around town after my writing seminar, so figured it was due to all the stopping and starting. Once I got on the Highway, the needle went back down (which really makes no sense at all unless an angel had a finger on it). When I got home, I told Len about it and he checked the car but couldn't find anything wrong with it.
As it is, I had a slow leak in one of the rear tires, so Len took the car in on Saturday morning, before I left for Springfield. He had to buy two new tires because they were about to blow. God sure watches over me!
So anyway, I feel blessed even in the storm.
God is good… all the time.

Comments

Popular Posts