When Love and Hate Collide

When Love and Hate Collide

In this world, there are two sorts of people;
Those who choose to hate and those who choose to love.
I choose love,
For love is stronger than hate.

In this world, there are two choices;
Encourage violence or promote peace.
I choose peace,
For peace can heal broken lives.

In this world, there are two places to dwell;
Darkness or light.
I choose the light,
For light drives out darkness.

In this world, we choose how to respond;
Bitterness or forgiveness.
I choose to forgive,
For bitterness is a cancer, eating at the soul.

In this world, we have two options;
Action or idleness.
I choose to act,
For actions reveal a person’s true character.

In this world, there are two outcomes;
Retaliation or stopping the cycle of hate.
I chose to stop the cycle of hate,
For only then will our nation find peace.

In this world, you have to choose;
Which side will you pick?

Renée Vajko-Srch/2016




Comments

Popular Posts