Special Kids, Special Moms


A Letter from God to Mothers of Children with Special Needs




From: God
To: Mothers of children with special needs



Dear Mother,

Before I created your child,
I created you.
And so, with him in mind,
I made you special too.

Though trials abound,
And answers seem too few.
I entrusted him into your care,
For none can love him quite like you.

I blessed you with a tender heart,
Filled with unconditional love.
And the wisdom to know,
The source of love is God above.

I gave you two strong arms,
To shield him from the fray.
And a pair of soft lips,
To kiss the tears away.

I gave you two sharp eyes,
To see his inner beauty.
And bestowed on you much patience,
To cope with all adversity.

I gave you two keen ears,
To hear his silent cries for help.
And a voice to speak out,
When he can’t speak for himself.

I gave you great wisdom,
To discern what he needs,
And joy for the journey,
Wherever it might lead.

I blessed you with courage,
To stand against his foes,
And peace to recognize,
When it’s time to let go.

When days are tough, don’t ever forget
You have all you need to carry you through.
Because that precious child you love,
Is a special gift from Me to You.


Renée Vajko-Srch/January 2017

Comments

Popular Posts