Thanksgiving Social Story


Thanksgiving




 November has arrived, it’s that time of year
When families gather with those they hold dear
We give thanks to God and count our blessings
Then joyfully share a feast of thanksgiving.

The kitchen is filled with noise and laughter
As family members cook and chatter
Daddy and Grandpa slice up the turkey
While cousins play games or watch TV

There’s plenty to eat, like stuffing and yams
Mashed potatoes, corn, and warm rolls with jam
Turkey with gravy, brown biscuits with rye
And Grandma’s homemade pumpkin pie

Everyone gathers around the table,
Each person sharing why they are grateful
Dad offers a prayer of thanksgiving
Then passes the turkey and stuffing.

Though the food smells good and I am hungry
The noise hurts my ears, it’s too much for me
I need some quiet, a secluded place
Where I can relax and slow down the pace

I brought my headphones to block out the noise
My weighted blanket and some favorite toys
Then once I feel better, after resting alone
I’ll join the others, or pull on the wishbone








To download this story, complete with colored illustrations, click on link below.
Thanksgiving Social Story

Comments

Popular Posts