These Walls Will Fall



Based on Joshua, Chapter 6.


Day after day, I circle these same old walls
My mind searching for an answer
I have to wonder at this ceaseless trudging
When you could bring them down with just a whisper.

Every dawn I awake to find nothing has changed
Those daunting obstacles still stand in my way
Yet I rise and walk on despite the questioning
Persevering as I learn to simply trust and obey.

Chorus:
These walls are strong, but you are stronger, Lord
Surely you will win the victory.
So I will praise you even though for now
These walls still stand before me.

I’m striving to take it one day at a time
To trust your sovereign ways and perfect timing
So I march on amid the blaring throng,
Confident these walls will soon start crumbling.

Someday the enemy will be defeated
And I’ll watch these walls come down,
For what today seems so formidable and strong
Will, one day, be mere pebbles on the ground.

Renée Vajko-Srch/ July 2017

Comments

Popular Posts