Learning to Live One Day at a Time




Seek first his kingdom and his righteousness,

and all these things will be given to you as well.
Therefore do not worry about tomorrow,
for tomorrow will worry about itself.
Each day has enough trouble of its own.
Matthew 6:33-34 (NIV)


Sometimes it's all too easy for me to get sucked into the trap of looking to the future and all the challenges that lay ahead instead of walking by faith day by day. Yet God's comfort and strength are gifted to me moment by moment and day by day in order to meet each day's need. 
Today He'll provide what I need for today's struggles. Tomorrow He will offer me what I need most to get through tomorrow's challenges. To get ahead of myself is to anticipate trials without the grace God provides to meet those troubles. 
So today I will focus on today's challenges and let God worry about the days to come. Because He's already gone ahead and has prepared the way for me. All I need today is to accept the strength and peace He's packaged for me to meet this day's concerns and entrust tomorrow into His all-sufficient hands.

Comments

Popular Posts